Latest version of the Bistro Framework
- Zipped MSI with Visual Studio templates and binaries (includes changes and bug fixes for F# Project Extender and Bistro F# Extensions): Bistro_0.9.3.2.zip
Note:installation requires administrator's priveleges (if you use default or strict UAC settings,you must run setup As Administrator)
- Zipped MSI with Visual Studio templates and binaries (now includes BistroDesigner, ProjectExtender and NDjango both for VS2008 and VS2010): Bistro_0.9.3.1.zip
- Zipped MSI with Visual Studio templates and binaries (now includes BistroDesigner, ProjectExtender and NDjango): Bistro_0.9.2.0.zip
- Zipped MSI, with Visual Studio templates and Binaries: Bistro_SETUP_0.9.1.0.zip
- Zipped binaries only: Bistro_0.9.1.0.zip
Release notes and older releases can be found on this page All_Releases.
This installer will configure Visual Studio Project and Item templates, and deploy the Bistro dlls.
Note: the current installer will deploy the bistro project template as a "My Templates" option for Visual C# project types.
Bistro System Requirements
- NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Visual Studio 2008
- For FSharpExtensions only, F# CTP v.18.104.22.168 (You can download it here)
Building from source
Source code is available here
Source and releases for the FSharpExtensions project is hosted on CodePlex, and can be found here:
- Configuration note
- All bistro projects are configured with relative assembly references.
To get the projects to compile as-is, you will need the following directory structure
- Top-level folder (arbitrary, we'll use
- All example projects
Note that the example projects have a dependency on ndjango, and expect it to reside under the same top-level folder (
c:\dev in our example), in a folder called NDjango. See ndjango downloads page for more details).
If you choose to follow a different directory structure, simply update your references to your locations of the Bistro dlls.