The following is a reference of the components made available by the Bistro framework. Where describing classes and interfaces, the wiki focuses on usage. For more detailed information see the Bistro Class Library
- FormatAs - new in 0.9.1.0
Classes and Interfaces
The following applications are available in the bistro svn. They are widely documented, and typically cover a significant range of use cases and common scenarios encountered while developing applications with bistro.
- NoRecruiters - a job posting and search site application
This sample application is a full-fledged app, with user profile management, applicant management, resumes, postings, the works. It includes MSSQL scripts to create the sample database and populate some basic data. Pay special attention to
Note that there are two versions of this application, designated by the folder names
- Security policy - it is both an illustration of aspect-oriented controller design, and a demo of building your own security policy
- State management - this application has only 2 (count 'em) session-level values. The remaining state information flows through the application as url parameters and form fields
NoRecruiters-CS-D-NHis a version in c#, with django templates and NHibernate for persistence
- This version also uses a custom logger implementation to log to log4net, the default logging facility of NHibernate. The default configuration is for trace only.
- You will need to update the connection string in the
web.configto point to wherever you deploy the database
NoRecruiters-CS-D-WFSis a version in c#, with django templates and Worfklow ORM for persistence. You will find the necessary workflow binaries already in present in that project's
- You will need to update the connection string in
\Config\DataStores\Primary.xmlto point to wherever you deploy the database
- MvcSamplePort - a straight port of the default ASP.MVC sample application to Bistro and NDjango
- MvcSamplePortFS - a port of the ASP.MVC sample application to Bistro, F# and NDjango
- FSWebServiceSample - a simple web service written in F# with the FSharpExtensions library.
Detailed instruction on how to install Examples can be found on this page.